If your are new in the world of the bitcoin, you must ask your self "What is a bitcoin address?" and I'm going to answer you this question and tell you how to get easily one for free.
- What is a bitcoin address? and What is it for?
- How to get one?
What is a bitcoin address? and What is it for?
Well a bitcoin address is an identifier of 26-35 alphanumeric characters, that represents a possible destination for a bitcoin payment. So you only need and anonymous address to receive and send payments and enjoy of all the benefits of the cryptocurrencies.
How to get one?
There are many ways to get a bitcoin address and the most of them for free and I'm going to tell you some of the free ways of get a bitcoin address. You can get it by installing a software in your computer or an application in your smartphone or registering on a web online.
Get address online
- BitGo: is a high-security multi-sig wallet, which protects your bitcoin from theft and loss.
- Coin.Space: is a user-friendly multi-signature wallet with improved security and privacy.
- Circle: is a web wallet service that aims to be easy to use. It provides the ability to instantly purchase and sell bitcoins using either a credit card or a U.S. bank account.
- Coinbase: is a web wallet service that aims to be easy to use.
Get address on your computer
- Bitcoin Core: is a full Bitcoin client and builds the backbone of the network. It offers high levels of security, privacy, and stability. However, it has fewer features and it takes a lot of space and memory.
- mSIGNA: is an advanced yet easy-to-use wallet featuring speed and simplicity, enterprise-level scalability, and strong security.
- Copay: is the HD-multisignature wallet originally built to secure BitPay's funds. Copay supports multiple personal and shared wallets, testnet, and the full Payment Protocol.
- Electrum: is fast and simplie, with low resource usage. It uses remote servers that handle the most complicated parts of the Bitcoin system, and it allows you to recover your wallet from a secret phrase.
If you want to know how to get one address using your smartphone you can check de list on this link https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet
As you can see if you want to use bitcoins you'll need a bitcoin address and is very simple to get one.